How do I control my desire to masturbate?

Why is a deceased body never left alone?

Library » Life Cycle » Death » Passing On | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Rabbi Shlomo: Welcome. I'll be with you in a moment...what's on your mind?

CKJunior: why is a deceased body never left alone?

Rabbi Shlomo: From the time a person passes on to the next world until that person's body is buried, someone remains with the person and recites Psalms. A person should never be empty of accomplishments, or void of spirituality, so during the time when the body is no longer functioning, yet the soul has not fully freed itself from the limitations of the body to move on to its next level of living, a substitute is designated to fill the remaining time that person will spend on earth with words of holiness. This is a wake up call to realize how important every moment of our lives are, and how significant it is to utilize every moment of the day. It also informs us how important it is for us to look out for others: if we go the extra measure for the person who is between lives, how much more so must we care for the person who is 'living' as we know it, yet is devoid of any holiness. We must offer them a dose of sanctity and meaning so that they can continue living a meaningful and accomplishing life on their own.

CKJunior: Thanks!

Life Cycle » Death » Burial/Cemetery

Psalms
The Book of Psalms. One of the 24 books of the Bible. Compiled by King David; mostly comprised of poetic praise for G-d. A large part of our prayers are culled from this book.