Am I obligated to eat in the Sukkah if it is raining?

What is the "Tal" prayer?

by Rabbi Simcha Bart

Library » Mitzvot » Prayer » About | Subscribe | What is RSS?

It's a special prayer for dew said during the repetition of the Musaf Amidah on the first day of Pesach. It heralds the transition from the winter insert in the Amidah "Mashiv Haruach Umorid Hageshem" ("He causes the wind to blow and the rain to fall") to the summer insert "Morid Hatal" ("He causes the dew to descend").

Amidah
Highlight of every prayer, recited silently while standing. Weekday Amidah consists of nineteen blessings, Sabbath and holiday Amidah contains seven blessings.
Musaf
The additional prayer service added (after the morning prayers) on Sabbath, Biblically mandated holidays and the first day of the Jewish month.
Pesach
Passover. A Biblically mandated early-spring festival celebrating the Jewish exodus from Egypt in the year 1312 BCE.