Does a married woman need to cover her hair in the privacy of her home?

Does a twelve year old girl have to pray?

Library » Mitzvot » Prayer » About | Subscribe | What is RSS?

For the technical-Halachic answer, please see Is a woman obligated to pray thrice daily?

I'd like, however, to share with you my non-technical thoughts on this matter:

Some people look at prayer as an obligation or duty, which makes it into a dreaded chore and burden. I like to look at prayer as a privilege and opportunity.

Imagine if you got an invitation from the president of the United States to come to his office twice a day
Imagine if you got an invitation from the president of the United States to come to his office twice a day where you would be free to discuss whatever you wish! Wouldn't you be delighted?

Well, the "President" of the entire world, G-d Himself, gives you an open invitation to approach Him at least twice a day and talk to Him about whatever is on your heart.

Think about it, and you will realize how lucky you are.

Halachic
Pertaining to Jewish Law.