I am invited to my Jewish friend's Shabbat dinner. What will the meal be like?

Why is Hebrew read from right to left?

by Rabbi Simcha Bart

Library » Miscellaneous » Hebrew / Languages » Hebrew | Subscribe | What is RSS?

According to Kabbalah, the right side symbolizes greater spiritual revelation, as opposed to the left ("weaker") side, which symbolizes a "weaker" manifestation of spirituality.

Perhaps this is the reason why Hebrew, G-d's original language (See What is Hebrew?), the "Holy Tongue" in which G-dliness is more revealed, is read from right to left.

Kabbalah
Jewish mysticism. The word Kaballah means "reception," for we cannot physically perceive the Divine, we merely study the mystical truths which were transmitted to us by G-d Himself through His righteous servants.