What is the appropriate way to invite someone to a Brit?

What is the meaning of "Yasher Koach"?

Library » Miscellaneous » Hebrew / Languages » Hebrew | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Adina: why do people say Shekoyach please? What does it mean please?

Rabbi Shlomo Chein : Shkoyach is an an expression that indicates a job well done

Adina: really? thanks so much - is that the real word please?

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: it actually comes from two words... Yasher Koach

Adina: Yasher - like Yashar - or something else please? and Koach like - strength?

Rabbi Shlomo Chein : The exact translations of each word is not really the same as the meaning of the two together.

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: seperately Yasher comes from the Hebrew word "ishur" which means to approve or sanction. koach means strength. together it means like, "more power to you" 

Adina: ok - thanks so much - how would I say it to a girl please?

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: the same way

Adina: thanks so much Rabbi Chein

Adina: Shekoyach :-)

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: :-)

Adina: Kol Tuv

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: bye