How can selling aliyahs be permitted on Shabbat & holidays if business transactions are prohibited?

Am I obligated to honor my parents if they are wicked?

Library » Mitzvot » 10 Commandments | Subscribe | What is RSS?

If a parent is wicked, there is a difference of opinion among the rabbis whether the child has an obligation to honor him. The consensus is that one is still obligated to do so -- and it is certainly forbidden to be overtly disrespectful to them.

Obviously, if the parent is physically or emotionally abusive, it is the child's right -- and obligation -- to maintain a safe distance from the parent.

You may also be interested to read "What is my obligation if my parents tell me to ignore a mitzvah?".

Miscellaneous
Torah » 10 Commandments
Holidays » Shavuot » 10 Commandments