How can we bless G-d for "commanding" us to observe Rabbinic commandments?

What is The Resurrection of the Dead?

by Rabbi Dovid Dubov

Library » Philosophy » Afterlife | Subscribe | What is RSS?

One of the principles of Jewish faith is belief in the resurrection of the dead. According to the Zohar – an early Kabbalistic text – the resurrection will take place forty years after the arrival of Moshiach. However, certain righteous individuals will arise with the coming of Moshiach. All the dead will be resurrected in the Land of Israel.

There is a small bone in the body called the Luz bone (some identify this bone as the coccyx) from which the body will be rebuilt at the time of resurrection. Our daily prayers are replete with requests for the resurrection and there are many customs connected with it. (See the book To Live and Live Again – SIE Publications)

Resurection of the dead

Posted by: Chava on Oct 18, 2005

so, how the midrash says that Adam haRishon was really, really tall (and Moshe Rabbeinu too I think).. Will they be this tall when the come back? And, where will all of these people live? Will there be complete confusion? Also, I have heard the idea that Adam haRishon's soul is _everyone's_ soul.. (Meaning that the spark of all of humanities souls exsisted in him) How can this be if he is to come back to life?

Sorry for all of the questions. :D

1. Assumably they will have the same form as in their previous life. 2. G-d will provide place and sustanance for all, and there will be no reason for confusion. 3. A soul isn't a physical object which is restricted to one specific place.

Life Cycle » Death » Afterlife
Philosophy » Messiah
Israel » Messiah

Moshiach
The Messiah. Moshiach is the person who will usher in an era of peace and tranquility for all of humanity when there will be no jealousy or hate, wars or famine. This is a fundamental Jewish belief.
Zohar
The most basic work of Jewish mysticism. Authored by Rabbi Shimeon bar Yochai in the 2nd century.
Kabbalistic
(adj.) Pertaining to Kabbalah—Jewish mysticism.