If G-d can't be proven, then why believe in Him and do what He tells us to?

At what stage will the Resurrection of the Dead take place?

by

www.moshiach.com

Library » Philosophy » Afterlife | Subscribe | What is RSS?

The Redemption will follow this sequence: the building of the Bet HaMikdash, the Ingathering of the Exiles, and - forty years later - the Resurrection of the Dead1 . Until the era of the Resurrection, the world will remain unchanged and the laws of Nature will continue their course.

Republished with permission from www.moshiach.com

• 1. The Lubavitcher Rebbe often quotes the Zohar to the effect that the Resurrection will take place 40 years after the advent of Mashiach. (See Igrot Kodesh, Vol. II, p. 75; Sefer HaSichot 5752, Vol. I, p. 274. However, there are also other references in the sichot (e.g., Likkutei Sichot, Vol. XXVII, p. 206; Sefer HaSichot 5733, Shabbos Parshas Balak, footnote 3) that if Israel merits it, the Resurrection will take place earlier. [From "To Live and Live Again" by Rabbi N. D. Dubov, Ch. 6, note 210].

Life Cycle » Death » Afterlife
Philosophy » Messiah
Israel » Messiah