I’ve sinned so egregiously. Is there any hope for me?

Can one say Yizkor at home?

Library » Philosophy » Afterlife | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Yizkor can be an extremely powerful experience in which generations and souls remain connected. This transcendent and sacred power is best channeled when Yizkor is recited in a synagogue, so it is said on a holiday (tapping in to the sacredness of time), in a holy place (tapping into the sacredness of space), together with a community (tapping into the sacredness of people), and in the presence of a Torah scroll (tapping into the sacredness of Judaism).

However, if one cannot make to synagogue (e.g. if one is ill or there is no synagogue in your town) it may be said at home.

Life Cycle » Death » Afterlife
Holidays » Yom Kippur » The Prayers

Yizkor
Prayers for the souls of departed relatives, recited during the holiday prayer services.