How is the first commandment a commandment—what is required of us?

Can I say a blessing for children even if I don't have any?

Library » Daily Life » Family Life | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Mrs. Shaffer: Welcome......how can I help you?:)

Musiclady: In my Shabbot prayer there is a line that say _may I raise blessed children and Grandchildren and I feel odd saying that since I do not have children and I am barren. What can I sustitute in its place to make the blessing flow?

Musiclady: shalom I need advice on my Shabbot blessng

Mrs. Shaffer: children are not just biologial physical children

Mrs. Shaffer: it says that one who teaches another Torah, that student is the 'child' of the teacher

Musiclady: Wow that is great

Mrs. Shaffer: and...when we are involved in the life of a child...that too constitues 'parenting'

Musiclady: Wow now I don't feel strange saying it

Musiclady: thank you so very much Shabbat Shalom to you

Life Cycle
Miscellaneous
Intimacy » Reproductive Issues
Women & Judaism » Women's Issues
Life Cycle » Marriage » Family Life
Life Cycle » Birth » Reproductive Issues