Is it right to abort a fetus with a genetic deformity?

Can I make as many vows as I wish -- and retroactively nullify them during Kol Nidrei?!

Library » Miscellaneous » Vows | Subscribe | What is RSS?

If one makes a vow, while aware of what he/she said at Kol Nidrei, that effectively nullifies the Kol Nidrei. For by making the vow, the person is demonstrating that he/she recants what was said on Yom Kippur. The Kol Nidrei helps only if (a) a person makes a vow unknowingly (For example by doing a good deed three consecutive times, which Halachically is considered a vow). Or (b) if one forgot about Kol Nidrei while making the vow.

Holidays » Yom Kippur » The Prayers

Yom Kippur
Day of Atonement. This late-autumn high-holiday is the holiest day of the year. We devote this day to repentance and all healthy adults are required to fast.
Halachically
According to Jewish law.
Kol Nidrei
A solemn prayer stating the annulment of vows recited at the start of Yom Kippur.