On which arm do we wrap the Tefillin?

Can a convert marry a Jewish man with the last name Cohen?

Library » Jewish Identity » Kohains and Levites » The Holy Tribe | Subscribe | What is RSS?

4ever: Can a divorced gentile woman who converts after the divorce marry a jewish man with the last name cohen?

Rabbi Shlomo: last names don't mean anyting as far as Jewish law is concerened. However a Kohen, priest - descendant of Aaron, may not marry a convert

4ever: ahh, so if we love each other, he cant marry me?

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: If he is a Kohen

4ever: he is

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: and if G-d doesn't allow you to marry that means you can't really experience true love with him because he is not your soul-mate. You can experience lust, strong feelings of love, but not true unselfish love

4ever: ahh, ok thank you for answering my questions,

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: sure

4ever: i am sure i will have many more

4ever: good night

Aaron
Brother of Moses. First High Priest of Israel and progenitor of all Kohanim (priests) until this very day. Died in the year 1272 b.c.e.