What is the Jewish view on non-Jewish music and movies?

What does Judaism say about human rights?

Library » Miscellaneous » Government | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Question:

What is the Jewish perspective on Human Rights?

Answer:

The Torah doesn't speak of rights, only of responsibilities.

Through the Torah's responsibilities and obligations, human rights are protected. The difference is, that rights are self centered, and responsibilities are other centered. So the Ten Commandments, for example, prohibit murder, adultery, theft, lies and coveting. Those are responsibilities on you, but by default they protect others from you. This is conveyed not by telling you what you can expect, rather by telling you what is expected of you.

See also "Why should I believe in G-d?" and "What are Jewish ethics?"

Philosophy
Mitzvot
Mitzvot » Love thy Neighbor
Philosophy » Consequences
Jewish Identity » Love thy Neighbor
Philosophy » Free Choice
G-d » Me and Him