Rabbi, what does Judaism give you personally?

How can someone be a 'good Jew'?

Library » Best of AskMoses | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Rabbi Schochet: I hope you are having a GREAT day today:) . . How can I make it even better?

Jaquie: how can someone be a good Jew?

Jaquie: is this live?

Rabbi Schochet: it is.

Rabbi Schochet: I would like to ask you first, what makes a good car?

Jaquie: if it is safe. if it can contain many people

Jaquie: and so on

Rabbi Schochet: in other words if it serves its purpose, for what it was created.

Jaquie: why?

Rabbi Schochet: the same with a Jew, a good Jew is someone who strives to live the way a Jew is meant to live.

Rabbi Schochet: he does his best to carry out the tasks he is to do...

Jaquie: what are some examples of these tasks?

Rabbi Schochet: mitzvahs, as they are described in the Torah and the Code of Jewish Law....

Jewish Identity » Who/What is a Jew?
Best of AskMoses » Jewish Identity